TP13100M – Air Dryers / Dessicant Basket
The AKTEK Model TP13100M Air Dryer absorbs moisture from the air that is drawn into a storage tank during the unloading of product or by “thermal breathing” conditions. Desiccant of high absorptive capacity is used as the drying agent. The hard ball shaped form of the desiccant minimizes the pressure drop, permitting more efficiency. This is a function of material surface area and retention time. The nature of the desiccant does not change the flow of gas up to the point of maximum saturation since the moisture is absorbed within the pores of the material. The desiccant is contained in a perforated stainless steel basket that can be easily removed for cleaning or maintenance.
Model TP13100M Air Dryer is 40 inches high and both the cover and basket can be removed through the use of 3/8″ bolts. The desiccant basket holds 50 pounds on the 2″ size and 200 pounds on the 3″ size; this is the recommended amount required to properly operate the air dryer. The air dryer is available in 2″ or 3″ NPT or flanged to match 150Ib. ANSI connections. Nominal flow for 1″ W.C. pressure drop is 840 SCFH for the 2″ size and 3500 SCFH for the 3″ size.
- Protects damage to moisture sensitive products.
- Absorbs moisture drawn into storage tank during unloading or by “thermal breathing”.
- Desiccant can be reactivated thousands of times without appreciable loss in efficiency.
- Humidity indicator informs when desiccant bed should be changed.
- Available in 2″ or 3″ NPT or flanged connections.